Whidden Wanderings

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Travails of a Palm Tungsten E2 user

As in all things computer oriented, I've been able to break something. In this case it is the DataViz Docs-to-Go application loading in html files which contain the table-of-contents, cover page and chapter pages for several stories I want to read. What possibly could go wrong with plain vanilla text, you ask? Well, I'm still asking that myself but to get the Palm to read it, I had to convert them to Word 2003 .doc format and copy them to the Palm. Everything seemed ok until I decided to copy the TOC file after converting it and changing the color of the text from light blue to black. As soon as I tried to read it got a fatal error on the DataViz software. The fix was to get a tool from the DataViz website, remove the application and reinstall it. That worked for a while and then it started getting errors with some of the chapter files. Almost finished reading the first book and now have to go back to remove/reinstall mode. Darn!!!! I hope I don't have the same battle for the other ninety or so files or this could get old real soon.

Otherwise, an very happy with the music and genealogy software plus the other Palm programs. The world clock tool is particularly neat, showing the shadow on the dark side of the globe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home